Can Desire run different OS?

1. julianb

julianb Active Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The hd2 runs android too. The desire could run other OS's if someone had the time and effort, yes.

Pointless though. Android is the best os for the pgobe
  3. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

You can run Windows 95 and 98 from inside Android.

I suppose if Android can be made to run on the HD2 them Win Mob 6.5 could probably be made to run on the Desire. But nobody wants to ruin it like that ;)
  4. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

Ubuntu has been ported to the Desire. A full desktop OS, on a phone.
  5. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member

Having used windows mobile for many years I doubt anyone would want to run win mob (any version) on their desire, or any android in fact!

I have/sorry always been a great fan of windows mobile all it's life, but 2 years wait for an update from 6.5 to 7 i am patient but not that patient, but hey i love android now. I will look at windows mobile 7 but sadly as much as a Microsoft subscriber of MSDN and MS developer i just don't think it will work out somehow!!
  6. julianb

julianb Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

My interest in running other OS than Android is not based on any disappointment with Android. I just wanted to try new OS (WM7 and definitely the WebOS) on my Desire. After all isn't that one of the best selling points for all of us- customization :)

Cheers.
    paulcooper likes this.
  7. kartnite

kartnite Well-Known Member

My friend ran an Android OS on his iPhone 3G and wants to see if the iOS can be installed on my Desire.

Not really interested in letting him tinker with things, just yet. ;)

Win7 "looks" interesting. But am more than content with the Android. Will wait and watch... Looking forward to trying something new in this regard.