Can Droid X with Froyo 2.2 Leak use all 512 MB of RAM?Support

1. dabomb224

dabomb224 Well-Known Member

I've been reading up on how Froyo was supposed to give Droid X users access to all 512 MB of RAM on the phone. However, I'm not sure if this has been enabled in the leak. Specifically, I've been told to add the numbers at the bottom of the "Running Services" option menu to determine the total amount of RAM. Unfortunately, when I sum these numbers, I only get 280.

Does this mean that this "Highmem" state that I've been reading about is not a part of the leak?

Advertisement
  2. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I don't believe so. The highmem problem was fixed in kernel .33 if I remember correctly. The 2.2 leak is .32.
  3. Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm running 2.2 and I'm definitely not running on full 512 megs. It's pretty damn ridiculous because any time I check, I have like 30-40 megs of RAM available even after opening just 1 or 2 very basic apps. I don't really feel that "performance boost" that was so highly anticipated with Froyo. Obviously, it's not the official update so I can't complain.
  4. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

My DX seems to be using all the memory,

I have System Panel and it says 59M available and 88% of total memory used.

Doing the math, that's about 490MB total. Not sure where the little extra is (could just be that available RAM isn't rounded), but it's pretty close.
  5. Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero Well-Known Member

I have System Panel too, but that's what it said with 2.1 also so I doubt it's using all 512MBs. In fact, all of those stats are incorrect.
  6. BLK MAJK

BLK MAJK Well-Known Member

Here is a screenshot of mine...

[​IMG]

It only shows 279.2 mb in system memory.....

but it shows 184 mb for cache

I wonder if those combined would account for the 512 mb that it should use?