• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can forum admin sort out timing out issues when posting threads......

liviococcia

Apr 14, 2012
UK
Hello Android Forum Admin, i've just wasted about 30mins typing a thread for it to be somehow dumped, because when i click 'submit thread' it wants me to then sign in again....how mad is that....eerrrgggg!!

So i 'sign in' again but the post is lost, this doesn't usually happen, but i got some meaningless message saying i was signed in but could submit because i wasn't signed in....I don't know, don't understand

Please sort it website admin, it happens all the time, your 'posting' time count down way to short for two finger typist.

thanks you

The forum automatically logs you out after X amount of time of inactivity.

One suggestion I would have for you is to type it all out, and then copy your response in case you get logged out. Then you can just log in and paste it and you're good to go.

Also, Phases isnt going to see this in the lounge. I will move this to site feedback.

EDIT: Someone beat me to the punch

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
One suggestion I would have for you is to type it all out, and then copy your response in case you get logged out. Then you can just log in and paste it and you're good to go.

I do this quite often if I'm drafting up a real long post. Good insurance.

Could also be resultant of work being done in the background who knows. I think there's been a lot of backend efforts lately to better the site and unfortunately sometimes that's accompanied with a few growing pains.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones