can gingerbreak root andriod 2.3.6?!? help!!

1. pocketGod

pocketGod New Member

I cant use my pc to root my fone because it isnt working

i have lg omptimus m + From metro i want to root it so i can make it fastervand delete bloatware

does gingerbreak or superoneclick still work for 2.3.6?

btw is therr any custom roms r this phone yet? i want to use setcpu to make it faster but it saids u need a custom rom? Im not a noob at andriod but i never really tried to flash a rom or anything any guide?! i know u need something called rom manager.

so yea help? Will gingerbrake root my lg omptimus m+ ftom metro thats running gingerbread 2.3.6?

Advertisement
    :
  2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums!:)
    I hope you find this forum warm, and welcoming, and a fun place to learn about your Android.
    I have moved this thread into the Optimus M+ "all things root" forum, since that is where you will most likely get the answers you seek.
  3. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Short answer: no. Read this forum and you will see that the only way to root the M+ requires a computer.

Also, no there are no roms currently for our phone. I don't know if any are in the works either. I'm not a programmer/developer so it's beyond my range of knowledge.

As far as bloatware, you can actually delete most of it without root. Open you app drawer and the very first one is application manager. From there you can delete most of the bloat.

Hope this helps.
  4. pocketGod

pocketGod New Member

And you sure gingerbreak cant? wat about superoneclick
    Damn that sucks. this fone has been out for months still no rom?

And i know u can delete some of the apps alredy but theres still more bloatware on it.. thanks for da help anyway
  5. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

Gingerbreak won't work past 2.3.3 at best, so you're out of luck on that one. I don't think SuperOneClick will work either. Do you know anybody whose PC you could use to root your phone?
  6. pocketGod

pocketGod New Member

My PC is getting fixed on Friday so I have to wait until then.

You sure there is no apps that can root this phone? Is Gingr break worth a shot?

Another thing if I do try superoneclick or Ginger break and it fails to root will it brick my phone? I just bought this I dont want to risk bricking it.
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

If it fails to root, you will not brick.Also when you are rooted, DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER the phone is not supported yet.
  8. lgrootnoob

lgrootnoob Well-Known Member

I used rom manager on optimus v hit reboot into recovery now im stuck at lg screen so dont attempt rom manager oh check out adw launcher widget locker android terminal boot animations installer media scan root all good even android assistant just good apps i had on my optimus v although i am adbing this weekend to restore my nandroid backup
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

That's a different phone. Also this phone is supported with rom manager.