Can he do that!General

Last Updated:

1. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I love my incredible. Buddy of mine got one also. But hes wanting to cancel his verizon account. He switched to an old phone, just doesnt want to pay so much for cell phone bills anymore. Can he sell his INC or would it not be able to activate for someone else? Or he have to return it. I said he couldnt. We debated. Wanted to hear anyones feedback??

Advertisement
  2. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

After paying $350 ETF I think he can.

3. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member

if he pays the 350 ETF, he's basically paying the full retail price of the phone. 350 + 200 (or whatever he paid).

So yes, if he pays the ETF he can keep the phone and get out of his contract.

4. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

dont see why he couldnt sell it. as long as he un-registers it with VZW any one can use it....i've bought several phones from people on Craigslist

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

It hasn't even been out for a month yet, so just return the phone and cancel the service, hes got 30 days assuming it was purchased directly from Verizon and not a 3rd party retailer.

Thats a hell of alot cheaper than paying the ETF and if he sells it and doesnt pay the ETF somebody is going to get stuck with an Incredible with a blacklisted ESN... and thats not good for anybody.