can Hero remember most recent app after sleeping?

Last Updated:

1. mjr13

mjr13 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've recently switched to the Android Hero (from Palm), and one of the most frustrating problems I'm having is that when the screen goes to sleep or I turn it off with the power button, the Hero defaults back to the main page when I wake it up again. This ranges from annoying to infuriating:

-- when you're in the middle of writing a text message, it will be lost.

-- when you're using Google Maps to navigate, you need to reopen the app and wait for several seconds for it to load. Then you need to rezoom to the previous level of detail because that setting was lost as well when the maps app closed. By then, you miss your turn.

-- when you're browsing, you need to reopen the browser and it opens to your chosen default home page, so that you need to renavigate to get back where you were. I haven't found any setting to make it default to the last browsed page. Perhaps there's another browser that allows this.

I can set the phone to never sleep, but I'd rather not. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Advertisement
  2. GordonEndersby

GordonEndersby Active Member

Press and hold the home button.
    You will get a group of icons showing the last few applications you used.
    They should be in the state you left them when you select one of them.

Gordon

3. mjr13

mjr13 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. Messages is sometimes behaving, but Maps and Internet don't appear in the state I left them:

- The browser still defaults to the home page I've set, and there's no option to set the last page or no default.

- If I entered a location or directions into Google Maps, it defaults back to the original zoom level based on the search, not the zoom level I've set to see where I'm going.