can i block a number from calling/texting me?General

Last Updated:

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Well-Known Member

Is there a way I can block a number from calling me? It's not a private number. I don't want to download an app either, if possible.

Mr_Yogibear14 likes this.
  2. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

You can look on your carrier's website to see if you can block a number on your account. You can also call customer service and ask them to block the number.
    KOLIO likes this.
  3. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Actually I just started using smsBlocker and it's been working very well.
  4. busted bones

busted bones Well-Known Member

There are a lot of phone number blocking apps in the market. I use one to prevent my sister's ex from contacting me.
  5. androiderb89

androiderb89 Member

NetQin Mobile Manager works great!! Both for SMS and Calls. Moreover you can hide the sms or call from showing in the main sms/call log. This basically either mutes the call or hangs it up after picking it automatically loll. something like that. Check it out
  6. jpark

jpark Active Member

Since this is a Motorola Photon forum, I presume you are using Sprint?

Sprint provides a simple way to block/unblock numbers:

Text 9999
    block NNNNNNNNNN (ten numbers)
    allow NNNNNNNNNN

This works to block calls. I am not positive it will block texts, but I think it does.
    KOLIO likes this.
  7. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

If the unwanted call is always from the same number, another option is to make it a contact then set it to go to voicemail automatically. You'll never even know they called unless they actually leave a message (and in that case you can simply delete it).
  8. thepervster

thepervster Active Member

yes, you can go to the sprint website login and it is in there can't remember exactly where right this moment but you can block both calls and texts from there i have done this a few times, you can block calls,texts to every number on your account.
  9. joephoton

joephoton Active Member

The opposite is true. This method only blocks text messages from the input number. And Sprint will send you a text message confirming that messages from the number you entered have been blocked.

I don't know if there is a similar, easy way to block voice calls, but there is this way:

After you sign in to your Sprint account, it's

My Sprint > My permissions
    scroll down to Limits and Permissions header
    use block texts
    block voice

You can enter up to 50 under each category. If you have blocked texts by the 9999 method above, they will be on the list of block texts already.
    jpark likes this.
  10. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

Download YouMail from the Play store or whatever it's called now & you will have complete control over how you want specific numbers handled, including the voicemail greeting they hear.
    joephoton likes this.
  11. OVNI67

OVNI67 New Member

I have the opposite problem, my phone blocks every private call that I receive. I wonder if I can unblock that and receive those calls in order to answer them?