• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I buy a droid x today anywhere?!?!?

yeah, try best buys. you likely wont find one, but it's worth a shot. dont buy the 2 just because you dont wanna wait. in 2 weeks when you dont have the phone you want, and realize you coulda had the x, you'll regret it.
but, on that note, if you want a keyboard, and like a smaller screen, go with the 2. i've been using one for a while, and i think it's a great phone.

Upvote 0
I might just go with the droid 2 I don't need the 8mp cam I like the keypad for the droid 2 so ima just go with that

I had the X and now have the 2..Trust me the Droid 2 is just as good and with 2.2 right now I think it is better. When the X gets 2.2 it will be just as good but they have the same internal hardware besides the camera..Also you dont have to use the keyboard but if you want to its there which is nice and it doesnt give it that much extra bulk. The X is and was nice but even if my Verizon gets any X back in I will stick with the Droid 2 I think because the X screen is HUGE and I dont really watch movies to benefit from having that waffle in my pocket.

Upvote 0
Someone - i forget who mentioned that the droid inc should be in stock sometime this week as well as the evo. Bit surprise at lack of availability of these devices.

the problem with the incredible was a combination of demand and the amoled screen. the amoled has been in short supply, so that really made it tough for HTC to keep up with demand.

Upvote 0
take it into a direct verizon retailer. being that the phone is so new, if they can look at it and verify it is in good condition, they will let you add insurance.

That is 100% not true. If you provide your own equipment verizon will not allow you to add their insurance. If you have home or renters insurance look into if they provide coverage for electronics.

Upvote 0
You ain't cool unless you pee your pants!!

Oh sorry I thought this was the Billy Madison forums...

Everyone has their own opinion. There are lots of good phones out there. Incredible almost won me over until I saw the X. The Droid 2 isn't for me because I hate physical keyboards since I've been used to the iPhone for so long now. Options are good. It means we, as consumers, win.

And yes I'd say that Wal Mart or Best Buy would be your best places to find an X....if anyone would have them. IMO it's worth ordering online and waiting a little bit though if that's the only way you can find it. I LOVE this phone :D

Upvote 0
That is 100% not true. If you provide your own equipment verizon will not allow you to add their insurance. If you have home or renters insurance look into if they provide coverage for electronics.

Can we negotiate those percentages? I bought a droid 2 from best buy and took it to verizon and they slapped their special insurance on it. Manager there told me as long as it's only a few days old, you can insure it. Same for if you buy it there, they push their insurance on you and you're like "nah homes, i protect my phone better than my 1st born child. I'm cool yo". They'll tell you, you have 30 days to make up your mind.

Then again, maybe i'm wrong. Maybe the chick at verizon just really dug me and my big man muscles and made an exception for me. Maybe i'll bring her some onion rings from applebees next time i come in. A way to a woman's heart. Or am i thinking backwards?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones