Can I buy a droid x today anywhere?!?!?

Last Updated:

1. diablokiller18

diablokiller18 Member This Topic's Starter

I can not find it anywhere walmart wireless has it backorder'd amazon won't ship it until september idk where else to look I guess ima just have to go with the droid 2

Advertisement
  2. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

You won't be able to find it in store anywhere. Its well worth the wait though, especially over the Droid 2.

3. diablokiller18

diablokiller18 Member This Topic's Starter

I might just go with the droid 2 I don't need the 8mp cam I like the keypad for the droid 2 so ima just go with that

4. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Well-Known Member

The great thing about the Droid 2 is that it hasn't sold out yet! Waiting for the Droid X is crazy painful so if you like the Droid 2 then you should definitely go get it :D

5. Ayrow

Ayrow Well-Known Member

Try a Best Buy store.

I went in the week after it was released and it was (of course) out of stock. They said to check in almost every day because they get shipments in regularly.

Four days later I walked in and they had two in stock.

I now own a Droid X.

Good Luck

6. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

yeah, try best buys. you likely wont find one, but it's worth a shot. dont buy the 2 just because you dont wanna wait. in 2 weeks when you dont have the phone you want, and realize you coulda had the x, you'll regret it.
    but, on that note, if you want a keyboard, and like a smaller screen, go with the 2. i've been using one for a while, and i think it's a great phone.

7. ericsch333

ericsch333 Well-Known Member

I was in wallmart and they had 3 he said the get there shipment on monday. You can also call them and they will hold it till you get there..

8. Firespyer

Firespyer Member

craigslist, my buddy got one there.

9. Syv3n

Syv3n Well-Known Member

I had the X and now have the 2..Trust me the Droid 2 is just as good and with 2.2 right now I think it is better. When the X gets 2.2 it will be just as good but they have the same internal hardware besides the camera..Also you dont have to use the keyboard but if you want to its there which is nice and it doesnt give it that much extra bulk. The X is and was nice but even if my Verizon gets any X back in I will stick with the Droid 2 I think because the X screen is HUGE and I dont really watch movies to benefit from having that waffle in my pocket.

10. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

Someone - i forget who mentioned that the droid inc should be in stock sometime this week as well as the evo. Bit surprise at lack of availability of these devices.

11. theworks11

theworks11 New Member

i found mine in a sams club last week, you should check there

12. sund0wn

the problem with the incredible was a combination of demand and the amoled screen. the amoled has been in short supply, so that really made it tough for HTC to keep up with demand.

13. kenn

kenn Well-Known Member

2 local wal-marts here have them... give them a call...

14. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

Your best bet is Best Buy, especially the Best Buy mobiles that are in major malls.

15. kgbrown247

kgbrown247 Member

+1, know of anyway to get insurance on it?

16. sund0wn

take it into a direct verizon retailer. being that the phone is so new, if they can look at it and verify it is in good condition, they will let you add insurance.

17. farrellcollie

farrellcollie Well-Known Member

I got mine at costco two days ago. They had two more in stock. Might try checking there

18. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Where do you live? I'm probably going to sell mine.

UPDATE: SOLD

19. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

That is 100% not true. If you provide your own equipment verizon will not allow you to add their insurance. If you have home or renters insurance look into if they provide coverage for electronics.

20. whalebus

whalebus Well-Known Member

I ordered mine Aug 11 and it shipped on Aug 13. Website said it would ship in 5-7 business days, but they under-promised and over-delivered. I was very pleased and cancelled my amazon order.

21. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

But... you wont be cool then. Everyone knows X is far cooler than 2.

22. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

You ain't cool unless you pee your pants!!

Oh sorry I thought this was the Billy Madison forums...

Everyone has their own opinion. There are lots of good phones out there. Incredible almost won me over until I saw the X. The Droid 2 isn't for me because I hate physical keyboards since I've been used to the iPhone for so long now. Options are good. It means we, as consumers, win.

And yes I'd say that Wal Mart or Best Buy would be your best places to find an X....if anyone would have them. IMO it's worth ordering online and waiting a little bit though if that's the only way you can find it. I LOVE this phone :D

23. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

Can we negotiate those percentages? I bought a droid 2 from best buy and took it to verizon and they slapped their special insurance on it. Manager there told me as long as it's only a few days old, you can insure it. Same for if you buy it there, they push their insurance on you and you're like "nah homes, i protect my phone better than my 1st born child. I'm cool yo". They'll tell you, you have 30 days to make up your mind.

Then again, maybe i'm wrong. Maybe the chick at verizon just really dug me and my big man muscles and made an exception for me. Maybe i'll bring her some onion rings from applebees next time i come in. A way to a woman's heart. Or am i thinking backwards?