can I change alarm clock alert to mp3 on the sony x10?Support

Last Updated:

1. ~illiterate~

~illiterate~ New Member This Topic's Starter

I am fine with the alarm clock app that comes on the sony x10, but would like to change the alarm to an mp3. can i do this without downloading another app? I have the "ringtone" app which makes it possible to change every other notification to an mp3, just can't figure the alarm clock out. please help (pretend i'm an idiot).

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Alarm Clock Plus will let you use mp3s as the alarm tone.

Plus you have the option to set it so that you have to answer a math question before you can snooze or dismiss it. Having to answer the math question, no matter how easy, does actually help to wake you up!

3. Madmax56

Madmax56 Well-Known Member

you can create an .mp3 file and then place it in a directory on your SD card.

The directory is /sdcard/audio/alarms

I placed an alarm in there and can access it from the alarm clock app that comes with the X10. Create an alarm and then go into the alarm and set the ringtone. What you place in the directory above should show as an option along with the system alarm tones.

Cheers.

gunny5821 and ~illiterate~ like this.
  4. ~illiterate~

~illiterate~ New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks madmax!! Very helpful. Also, if i had noticed the file i wanted is an M4A, it might have helped. watch out for toe cutter!!!

5. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

if you are still on 1.6 you can select any mp3 as ringtones if you have any in your SD card... i use my mp3 like that and i don't have any special apps to select so (i've been wiped)

6. sparkdroid

sparkdroid Well-Known Member

I think the directory is:
    /sdcard/media/audio/alarms

Edit: Verified this just now.

7. snikkel

snikkel New Member

I used to have an app when I was on 1.6 on my x10 that allowed me to select mp3s straight from the alarm clock that comes with android. It showed up in the list when selected the ringtone and opened up the app. Does anybody know what this was called or knows a similair one, I hate having to set my alarms through an app in order to play mp3s as wake up call! Thanks!

8. kevmars

kevmars Well-Known Member

try first setting the mp3 you wnat a s ringtone through mediascape then go to your alarm settings on the main menu you a see if the ringtone you selected is there as an alarm tone. This is they way i done mine and i came across this accidently

9. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member