• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can i change my system fonts with what i have?

I have installed the VISIONary+ program and done the temp root option and i know have the superuser icon in my apps list. All i wish to do is change my system font but have to admit that i am totally confused about rooting and what does what! Can i change my font now or do i have to permaroot and does anyone know a tutorial or anything to help. I am not a total novice on the pc but for some reason no matter how much i read about rooting it never comes any clearer. Any help would be appreciated and apologies in advance if this has been asked a thousand times!

Thanks

You can try this program :
[APP] Type Fresh - change your fonts! - xda-developers
or this guide (little bit more complicated) :
HTC Desire - Change system Font? - Android @ MoDaCo

Btw. Android font is tested and selected to show everything right, so it can happed your new font will look ugly on the phone.

Rooting is easy, if you read the right guide and follow the directions, try this one :
HTC Desire HD: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Btw. second time rooting will void warranty and needs some time and patience and is worth only if you want to install other ROM than official (installing custom ROM works just with permaroot, not with VISIONary).

Reactions: Reverend Mayhem
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones