Can I change the voicemail notification ringtone?General

1. Recreation

Recreation Well-Known Member

I was wondering if I could put a custom tone for the Esteem, also my phone's rooted if it helps

Advertisement
    :
  2. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

3. Recreation

Recreation Well-Known Member

No. im trying to add my custom tone for a voicemail notification
  4. intrdrgn

Oh! ok, yeah just go to Settings>Sound>Notification Ringtone & make your pick.
  5. rhodell

rhodell Member

I don't think there has been an answer yet to the original question
    Maybe the question was not correctly put so here is what I believe to be the question (which I happen to have for some time also)

Metro mail, voicemail, and SMS, all seem to have the same notification sound, and write frankly this is irritating.
    Is there a way to have 3 different sounds for these 3 different functions?
  6. jr2673

jr2673 Well-Known Member

yes
  7. intrdrgn

you go on for instance Text Message hit settings & you will find the ringtone option there, same goes for Email... hit settings>sound> for notification tone (voice mail).
  8. rhodell

rhodell Member

thank you for the prompt
    However I can't seem to find any option for selecting sound for either emails or voicemail
    All I see for email is the option to have sound or not.
    Messages is the only of the 3 functions I discussed that I am actually able to pick the sound.
    It appears as if emails and voicemails use the default notification sound, whichever that sound happens to be.
    Maybe I'm not doing something right?
    Maybe I'm not looking on the right place?
  9. intrdrgn

your Voice Mail is in Settings>Sound & its Notification Ringtone. if you have Email setup just go to your Email than hit Settings>Account Settings, scroll down & you will see Select Ringtone.
  10. rhodell

rhodell Member

Aha
    It seems I was deceived TWICE by checking two applications that happen to NOT have the selection option
    Both mail@metro and the Gmail app DO NOT have such an option and I just happened to be using both, and of course trying to understand where on earth was the option you were describing.
    I finally found the EMAIL app (the only one I WASN'T using) that conforms to your responses.

Still can't figure it out for the voicemail but alas
    I'm ok at least that I distinguish SMS from emails

Thanks
  11. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Well-Known Member

Well, if you set the custom ringtone in the messages app, and the email app, you can just set the voicemail tone using the system settings.
  12. macp

macp Active Member

Gmail actually does have the option to change the notification. It's just buried further in the menu under inbox, i believe. Took me a while to find it the first time.
  13. Shrimpo69

Shrimpo69 New Member

I Have a DROID M, and HAVE the Same Question, it seems under the Newer Version of the OS, you can ONLY Change the General Notification tone, with is What VM is Considered Now, on My Original Droid, with the Older OS, you were Able to enter a Custom Ringtone for Just about Everything including VoiceMail... I Too Would Like a Custom VM Tone, it is A Pain to Have One Ringtone for like 7 Different Things , and you actually have to look at your phone to see what msgs you are getting....
  14. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

what you can do as it was stated above is set your general tone (under settings) what you want for your VM then go into the gmail app and change its tone there (settings > [your email address] > labels to notify > inbox > ringtone) then go into your messaging app and change it there (settings >select ringtone) and in the default mail app (account settings > select ringtone). let me know if that helps :)
  15. davins

davins New Member

I have a similar question as this. Is there anyway to change the notification sound that goes off when the Esteem is fully charged?
  16. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

I didn't know we had one :confused:
  17. davins

davins New Member

Hmm, that's weird. Yeah, on mine when its plugged in and gets to 100% a ringtone goes off for about 60 seconds. I wanted to change it to something shorter.
  18. seove

seove New Member

You can change it with the Light Flow app.
  19. seove

seove New Member

I just got this replacement phone and I was also trying to figure out how to get rid of that annoying vm notification tone. I knew it was possible because I had it set that way before. I think I've found it after months of trying although I haven't tested it yet.

Go to Settings/Sound/Default Notification. Set it to Silent. Then customize your other notifications like usual using the e-mail, texting, etc. apps. Or by using Light Flow. I hope it works.