Can I completely erase my SD card and will my eris still be ok??

Last Updated:

1. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can I completely erase all the contents on my SD card?

If so, will my Eris still run properly?

I have installed sooooooo many apps in the past and each one leaves its own feces on my sd card and Im not quite sure what I need and what I don't need.

Program feces sucks, and I'm ready for a clean SD.

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's the beer, but lol at "Feces". Save for any applications that you have installed on the SD card, which requires a custom ROM with Apps2SD or Android 2.2, you are cleared to format your SD card without impacting the functionality of your phone.

ThorSkaagi likes this.
  3. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

If you're afraid of screwing up by deleting your sd card, I would recommend copying (or cutting and pasting) the contents of the card to your computer, a flash key drive, or an external hard drive.

This way if any of your programs do not work as expected after you delete your card you can restore the contents one at a time until you have solved any problem.

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I agree with Swizz. The phone will run without an SD card at, so erasing/reformatting the card will not harm the phone.
    You may (probably will) lose some data for some apps.
    If you're currently using apps2sd then the apps that are on the card will quit working.
    Those things can be fixed.
    If you really want to go into full feces cleaning mode, you could do a factory reset and then erase the card. At that point you're phone is as feces-free as it's going to get.