• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I copy an app from old phone?

I got a new phone and one of the apps I downloaded isn't available anymore. The developer claimed that Google took down the app because he didn't post it correctly. I'm not even sure what that means.

It was a simple post-it note program that I liked better than any others out there. Can I move it from my old phone to the new one?

I got a new phone and one of the apps I downloaded isn't available anymore. The developer claimed that Google took down the app because he didn't post it correctly. I'm not even sure what that means.

It was a simple post-it note program that I liked better than any others out there. Can I move it from my old phone to the new one?

If it is not a paid app, you can. You just need root access to your old phone and a file manager like Astro.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones