can i create groups of contacts for mass texting? upload contacts to gmail?Support

1. hungrymind1

hungrymind1 New Member

I'm trying to text all m fishing friends pics from a trip last week. Does anyone know how to create a group so I can send fisig pics to fishing friends...family pics to family...etc??? Also can I upload my contacts to my gmail account. I've een saving my new cotacts to gmail, but can't figure out how to upload all the other ones.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. floorguy

floorguy Well-Known Member

for now i dont think they combine...groups that is...contacts do but not groups...

sooooo do this...on your phone

contacts...

the double face pic...thats groups...

click the +

name the group...

scroll down and click each one...

sux but it works....

can soem one confirm if that was one of the fixes in ICS??? to carry over you gmail contacts and groups???
    hungrymind1 likes this.
  3. floorguy

where did your contacts come from??

I think when you get an android phone, and import the contacts from a different phone.....at the retail store where they plug it in....

then it grabs them all i do believe...

and if you sign on t facebook on your phone....pfft it grabs them....

or your hotmail...yup them to....

i got crap on here from people i havent emailed in years
    KOLIO likes this.
  4. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

If your contacts are saved to gmail and not locally, they should transfer over immediately when you first log in to your phone. If your phone contacts are all local, you can try first exporting them, then set your phone to save all new/imported contacts as gmail, then re-import your contacts. Note this may create duplicates in your contact list (both phone and gmail), so you'll need to then either delete the phone contacts or just hide them. All of this can be accomplished in the contacts app via the menu button.
  5. hungrymind1

hungrymind1 New Member

when i select import or export it only gives me the options of sim card or sd card. how do i get it to let me export to gmail? thanks for the info!!
  6. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I've never done it, but I'm assuming that when you export to the SD it's in some sort of format that you could import into gmail. All you'd need to do is email that file to your gmail, and then from a PC, log into gmail and import the contacts file. I'd imagine it'd be that easy.
  7. floorguy

shoot my phone way back when did it right away...you mean yours hasnt???