• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can I delete these after flashing?

spence341

May 19, 2010
I flashed Uncommon Sense as my first ROM. The ZIP file is still on my SD card. I d/loaded it and mover it to the SD card and then used Rom Manager to install.

A couple of days later I decided to flash Virtuous and the REVOlution theme. I also put the REVOlution transparent apps on (the ZIP file is still on my SD card).

I also have an UPDATE.ZIP file.

My first question is can I delete those without screwing something up?

My second question is when you do a Nandroid backup, do you keep all of them on your SD card? For example, I have my stock recovery, an Uncommon Sense and Virtuous. I assume I could do a Clockwork recovery back to any of those.

I have an 8 GB sd card and only have 2.9 GB left.

You can delete all of the above. As far as the nandroid backups, I try to only keep a few known good configurations on the card most times because they take up so much space. If you're bouncing back and forth between roms though, good idea to keep the nandroid for those roms on the card like you mentioned.

I end up keeping the majority of my nand backups to be on the safe side but I offload the lesser used or slightly outdated ones to my PC so I can still have them but free up the card space. While you're at it, copy the contents of your Titanium folder (if you have it) so you have a backup in the event your card shoots craps. Same thing goes for pics and so forth.

More than what you asked about but just throwing it out there. :)

Reactions: spence341
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones