Can I disable SMS Threading?Support

Last Updated:

1. e2daric

e2daric Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know how to disable SMS threading on the Moment? I was able to do it via registry tom-foolery on my last phone (Palm Treo Pro), but I don't know where to start on this Android phone. I like having each SMS be its own little thing, not a string of SMS's.

Any help (perhaps an app?) would be wonderful. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

I think that's the first time I ever heard someone ask that question. Coming from a BB EVERYONE complained that we didn't have threaded text (including me!)! ;)

3. e2daric

:D To each there own I suppose....I just hate how it mashes together seperate conversations....

In time I'm sure I'll get used to it, but for right now it is not my favorite. :p

4. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Wow I never thought some1 would want to get rid of threaded sms I guess like you said over time you'll prolly get used to it

5. e2daric

Hopefully...

6. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Member

I to would love to know how disable message threading.

The thing is it doesn't thread by conversations it only sorts messages by contacts which is a right pain.

7. Temoor

Temoor New Member

i wonder why but on different sites, people generally reply to a simple question like 'how to disable threaded sms's" by telling that threaded sms's are actually better!
    To me, instead of pushing it on to a consumer, we should be able to decide if we want threaded or unthreaded messages.

8. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

This is a pretty old thread with no answer...

If it's not seen in the settings then it can't be done; its that simple enuff of an answer? :)

9. system439

system439 New Member

Hi, I would also like to disable SMS threading. It's definitely the worst thing ever! All of the messages get jumbled together by contact...how dumb! I would like to be able to sort my messages by when they were received...that makes a lot more sense.

10. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

:confused::confused:

thatz how threaded msgs come...

11. Gilligan

Gilligan New Member

But he doesn't want them sorted by contact also. Just sorted by time off arrival. My wife and I both rather it this way.

And just because there is no obvious setting for it doesn't mean it can't be changed. So your simple answer was just that... Simple.

12. Ken98045

Ken98045 Member

I agree completely. I've been looking at the other sms programs on marketplace, and nobody seems to offer this option. No luck finding anything using google either...

If you find anything, post back here.

13. pmstewart

pmstewart New Member

Android is about "open source freedom"?!

Being able to view messages in "threads" for ongoing conversations is a great
    new feature I've discovered on my first "smart" phone. Now I don't think it's all that smart actually. However, moving from an older platform where I could send myself things like passwords or network keys in a text message and lock it was a great thing. I can NO longer do this.

I have about 300 messages (jokes and saved pics) on my previous phone which I sent to a specially created email account. Sending them back to my phone lumps them into a conversation thread. Do you have any idea how much trouble it is to find a wireless network key for my daughters internet in a thread of over 300 messages which bear no resemblance to one another?

I empathize with those who have pointed out the threads are listed by the person who sent them.
    If I am the one sending messages to myself either by email or by sms it lumps it all together under my name.

I have had my phone over a month and still cannot figure out how to change this behavior. I have searched posts on the internet, downloaded apps from the market and had to reset the phone to factory half a dozen times. I have tried creating new contacts in the contact list but they all tie back to my phone number or email address assigned in the contact - they still all end up as threaded messages!

I know this issue effects others than just me but what solutions have been used by others to separate and segregate these messages so we can lock them and find them when needed?

Thanx