1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can I disable the slide lock?Support

1. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member

I have an unlocked Milestone 2. I also rooted it and run ADW launcher.

My question is: how can I disable the slide locker?

I can enable or disable a pin or pattern lock; but the slide locker is always there and I can't find any option to disable it. By slide locker I mean the screen which appears when you wake up the phone, and which has two sliders: one on the left to unlock it and another on the right to enable/disable the ringtones.

Searching the web, I noticed many people had this problem when upgrading the Milestone 1 to Android 2.2, and said it was Motorola's bug, but this is the Milestone 2 and the software has not been updated at all.

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Nolock on to Market will do it.
  3. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member

I tried no lock and a few similar programs, but they don't work at all: the slide lock is still there.
    Not only that: if I set up a pattern lock, then I, in fact, get 3 lock screens: two slider locks (yes: 2) and then the pattern lock. :confused:
    If I disable the pattern lock, I obly get one slider lock.

Has this happened to anyone else? Shouldn't there be an option somewhere in the Android settings to disable the slider lock?
  4. Szadzik

I just instaled No Lock. Went into it, clicked the icon on the main screen and exited. Turned the phone off with power button, pressed power buton again and there was no lock.

It worked with no problems.
  5. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member

I wonder why the difference, then. Do you also get two slide lockers if you enable the pattern lock?
    Is your Milestone rooted? Are you using Motoblur or an alternative launcher?

Mine is rooted UK Milestone, running ADW launcher (paid version)

Thanks
  6. Szadzik

If I enable patter lock there still is no lock.

Running Launcher Pro Plus
  7. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member

The problem was the app 'ICE - in case of emergency'; I uninstalled it and 'no lock' now works.

However, I still couldn't find a way to disable the slider lock and enable the pattern lock only. Is this even possible, as far as you know?
  8. Szadzik

I think it is impossible to have no lock and patern. You can search the Net though and see, I realy doubt.