• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I do a remote "wipe" with an EVO?

ArtGuy

Jun 11, 2010
I use Exchange Server for accessing email, calendar, etc, on my current iPhone. As a result, if my phone is lost or stolen, I can remotely wipe out all the data if I want to.

I am about to replace all of our iPhones with EVO's and would like to know if I can do the same thing with those.

Thanks,
Brad

i also use wavesecure... it is pretty good.

dont know about the initial fees for it. I got mine when they first released it for beta.. and all who tried it.. have lifetime free service.

NOTE: I understand they are over seas and each time you do something with your phone via the website. The service sends your phone a text: from overseas. This cost $.2 each. This is the cost of the Text itself. But when you consider the peace of mind... and how often you might use it. I do not consider that a big deal.

Upvote 0
why did you not like mobile defense jmx?

i have it installed and i tested it out.. it works as directed. remote wipe will be added again to this app in the future.

wavesecure is a 7 day trial....

There were just a few things that didn't work right. I would initiate a remote lock and I was able to bypass it too easily. With Wavesecure when I locked it the phone stayed locked until I unlocked it.

As mentioned previously, the Wavesecure txt messages originate from Singapore, so they cost $0.10 on Sprint. I also got it early and have free lifetime. I was unaware they started charging for it.

Remote wipe is available now though per the OPs request, so even if it were a couple of dollars a year, it would be worth it.

J

Upvote 0
Check out Lookout Mobile Security in the Android market. I have it on my phone. It can track your phone, backup data, wipe your phone, and has anti-virus (not necessary but nice to have anyway). Here's their website:

https://www.mylookout.com/

It's free, no trials.

That looks pretty good, but having virus protection is a joke. Can you remove that "feature"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones