can i do OTA if i am rooted?

Last Updated:

1. toawkanavngthded

toawkanavngthded Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ive had my captivate for a week and ive only rooted it cuz i am unable to go into recovery mode with 3 button combo and am not very familiar with terminal. came from win mo and iphone 2g. knew how to hardspl and install custom roms and jailbreak iphone so im familiar with this type of stuff ;). seeing how gps is fixed for some ppl, is it worth to do the OTA update? do i have to un-root then do this? can i do the OTA and then root and then try to do sre or utb? ive been trying to install the vibrant rom but for some reason cant get it to work :(. any suggestions is greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement
  2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

I was rooted and did my update, worked just fine. Even kept root. Too bad my gps is still broken :(

3. toawkanavngthded

toawkanavngthded Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

interesting... might just do that then! so u see no improvement on gps? i can get a lock sometimes but would be nice if it can happen all the time

4. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

Did you guys try that one fix that came out a while back where you had to replace a shitload of files out of Update.rar or some file? Worked really well for me, actually. I use it to get around my campus at UCI xD...