• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can i do this, rooted to refurb....to rooted

aaronmach1

Android Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2009
michigan usa
OK i fried my earpiece speaker with a magnet the otherday. told verizon that it just quit working so they are sending me another refurb. My phone now is rooted to smoked glass v6. When i get the new phone im sure that it will have the updated 2.1 ota update already, which will make it so i cant root. So can i just transfer my current sd card over to the new phone and then flash the very first backup of 2.01 that i originally made?
I wont be able to because i cant root right? Anyway is there a step by step kinda guide around that shows how to take a 2.1 ota updated phone and make it rooted?

OK i fried my earpiece speaker with a magnet the otherday. told verizon that it just quit working so they are sending me another refurb. My phone now is rooted to smoked glass v6. When i get the new phone im sure that it will have the updated 2.1 ota update already, which will make it so i cant root. So can i just transfer my current sd card over to the new phone and then flash the very first backup of 2.01 that i originally made?
I wont be able to because i cant root right? Anyway is there a step by step kinda guide around that shows how to take a 2.1 ota updated phone and make it rooted?

Look in the All About Root forum for the "Now you can live without fear of bricking" thread. Follow those directions and you'll get back to 2.0.1 and be able to root again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones