Can I do this???

Last Updated:

1. tsouthern

tsouthern Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, i just got into this and i rooted my droid before the 2.2 update and this is what i am running:
    C_01.3E.03P
    2.6.32.9-P3Droids
    Sapphire-0.7.0-Droid
    I know just a little and i am trying to learn more, that bing said can anyone tell me if i can go from this to the stock 2.2 but rooted?
    I seem to be having trouble with this version and can't get apps that i want or the flash 10.1.
    Any info or help would be great!!
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Dave17

Dave17 Well-Known Member

Sure you can. Probably the easiest way is to use ROM Manager.

First, do a complete backup by selecting "Backup Current ROM".

Then, after the reboot, go back to ROM Manager and select "Download ROM" and then "Stock Images", and then select the option you want. As of this instant, you could pick "Verizon Droid 2.2 FRG01B (unrooted/rooted choice).

If you're having trouble, it's probably best to do a full wipe too.

3. tsouthern

tsouthern Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info! Like said I'm pretty new to this so is there a better rom to go with?
    And is the manager pretty easy to use or is there some walk through instructions for new users?

4. Dave17

Dave17 Well-Known Member

ROM Manager is very easy to use, but it is also very powerful and could allow you to do some things that you shouldn't do. My best suggestion is to do some research on the program online first.

That being said, so long as you do a full backup first, you should always be able to get back to where you are now. If you switch back to stock (but rooted) Froyo, just remember to do a full wipe first, and you should be just fine. In fact, it's a great practice whenever installing a new ROM.

As for other ROMs, there are a ton out there to choose from. I use Bugless Beast V0.4 on my Moto Droid and have had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. I've found it to be incredibly stable.

5. biggdogg

biggdogg Well-Known Member

Try flashing BBv.4 (Bugless Beast version 4) in Rom Manager before going to stock. It has some stock features and lots of custom tweeks too. Also as stated above, it is extremely stable. Just remember all Droids aren't created equal and some Rom's and kernel's that work on one won't always work on another. AND ALWAYS REMEMBER TO WIPE DATA/CACHE WHEN SWITCHING ROMS AND MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS MAKE A BACK UP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR PHONE!