Can I downgrade from JB back to ICS??Support

1. elaine98

elaine98 New Member

Hello, I am a new user to Android (I still miss my Blackberry keyboard terribly!).

I've had my Razr Maxx HD for a couple months, and just upgraded to Jelly Bean. I really do not care for it, the Google Now is driving me insane. Even though I have it turned off in the settings, I somehow mistakenly swipe the home key and the keyboard and search page pop up at the most inopportune times.

I really want to return to ICS, but after reading so many forums I'm more confused than ever. Can I return to ICS 4.0.4?? Will doing a factory reset do it? My phone is not rooted and I'll admit doing that scares me. I'm just not technical enough!!

I could live with no speed dial, if I could get rid of that Google Now totally. I feel like Google has taken over my life!

Advertisement
    :
  2. hansangb

hansangb Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can do it w/o root. Why not trade in your phone for Blackberry 10 when it comes out in April? That way, you don't have to deal with Google taking over your life. I for one find Google Now quite helpful.

If you search this forum, there were quite a few threads on "how to go back to ICS"

Good luck.
  3. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

You sure can. No root necessary.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1970267

Just download the tool towards the bottom of the first post, and open that up. Turn off your phone, and power it on by pressing volume up and power simultaneously (hold for a few seconds). You'll arrive at a black screen with white letting, using volume down to navigate to AP Fastboot, and I believe volume up is the select key. Select it, then run that tool, selecting option 1.

Doing this will delete your user data however, so anything not synced to google will be deleted, other than your pictures/music/videos on the internal memory.
  4. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

Google now is my favorite feature on this phone