1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Can I download Launcher Pro onto a mytouch 3g?

Last Updated:

1. BigLarry

BigLarry Member This Topic's Starter

I can't find it in the market, I am assuming the phone is not compatible. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. MsL

MsL Well-Known Member

I have it on my slide. It's one word: LauncherPro. Try that

3. BigLarry

Nope, tried every combo I can think of.

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

5. BigLarry

no didnt work, i went to the link and opened an account and hit the install button, it says my phone is not synced and has a link sending me to the market to download appbrain (which it says already installed). tried to search launcher pro from that link, but ends up saying it cannot be found in the market.

6. w_bovine

Something's not right. What country are you in? You are able to download other apps with no trouble? Er...not to be a jerk, but you DO have a Google account, right?

BigLarry likes this.
  7. BigLarry

Im in the US. Yeah I've been downloading apps for a year. Recently my phone froze and I went to a tmobile and "reset" the phone. Causing me to lose all my previously downloaded apps. I've been downloading some recently with no trouble. Yes, I do have a gmail account. I was required to use it to open an account with appbrain.com. Interestingly I tried to download swype and I can't locate that either. Everything else i look for is there.

8. w_bovine

This is odd. Now as for Swype, you won't find that. It's still in beta, and has been for a long time. There's no place from which to download it right now. I'm not even sure you can sign up for the beta anymore. It comes preinstalled on some phones, as it did with my Vibrant.

I know of but am not familiar with the MyTouch 3G. Does it have Android at least Android 2.1 on it?

One more thought...have you cleared the Market cache? That's the only other thing that comes to mind at the moment. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications. The hit Menu, select Filter and choose All. Under Market you'll see Cache. Press the Clear cache button and try again.

9. BigLarry

Thanks for the replies. No, it's version 1.6. I guess I need 2.0 or above. What a b****, this thing isn't even that old. Do you have an opinion on what the next closest app is to launcherpro?

10. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

ADW.Launcher is a good alternative to LauncherPro. At the moment I'm using LauncherPro to get the feel of an alternative home launcher. I'll go and set up ADW in the near future and see how I like that.

11. BigLarry

I can't find ADW.Launcher either?!! All the themes come up but not the launcher. What's the deal?

12. w_bovine

Wow...that stinks. Is there no 2.1 update for the MyTouch 3G? It appears as though all the launchers I've come across need at least 2.1.

13. BigLarry

No update, lots of bs rumors. Open home is available. Your thoughts on that one?

14. w_bovine

That's one I'm not familiar with. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try though!

Hmm...I saw the paid version. Is there a free one? I didn't see it.