Can I erase the tmp files on the SD Card

Last Updated:

1. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have about 30 DiskCacheIndex....... files in my root directory of my SD Card. Is it OK to delete them.

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

doesn't a cache just hold often loaded or redundant data to save time/speed/power/effort.. so, I would think killing off a cache is fine - we kill caches all the time on your web browser and even in the Driod you can go in and select and kill off some caches. Knowing this, it may slow down things that count on the cache to save speed.

3. refuzeandrezizt

refuzeandrezizt Well-Known Member

Doing a format would erase them, so I would assume it wouldn't hurt anything. As stated above, they should just be there to help speed up loading times for one program or another. They will just pop back up once you open that program again though, trust me on this.... Can you say OCD, it eats me up ;-)

4. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Correct, whatever you delete it's just gonna take a bit longer the next time you need it. It's completely safe to dump it if you like, but it's all most likely gonna come full circle on you. You could tell the apps not to store it on SD if you like, if the app supports it.

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I wouldn't bother deleting it unless you really need the space or if you have changed your phone usage. It will all come back again when you do the same tasks on your phone.