• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can i follow the unrevoked 3 2.2 rooting method with only the stock 2gig sd card?

In the thread that has a guide to rooting with unrevoked 3 it states that you should have a 2gig available on the sd card, but also states if you have less than 4 gigs available you must format. Is it ok then to format the card if its only 2gigs to being with and root it that way? Sorry sounds confusing, I'm just wondering if 2gigs is enough. Thanks

Yes, it's fine. I don't know who said that, but you only need enough space for the actual files you use to root. Obviously, you need more space to take a nandroid, and for any ROMS you wish to install, but 2gb is fine. And just remember to format FAT32 from your computer, not from the phone.

Ah Ok so I would need more than 2gb to do the nandroid backup, that makes sense now because the guide explains you should do a nandroid backup. Thanks for the response, looks like I'll be looking for a bigger sd card.

Upvote 0
Ah Ok so I would need more than 2gb to do the nandroid backup, that makes sense now because the guide explains you should do a nandroid backup. Thanks for the response, looks like I'll be looking for a bigger sd card.

When I rooted, I used a 4 GB card that already had about 1 GB used, now after a nandroid and a Titanium backup I still have 2.00GB "available space" on the card. So these backups must compress pretty well or they don't take up that much space if they don't. :thinking:

Upvote 0

Like I said, 2gb is fine. You should be able to store at least a couple nandroids and still have room for a ROM and any other stuff you may need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones