Can I get a "calendar month" style date picker?

Last Updated:

1. leecotton

leecotton New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all. I'm new to Android, but I'm enjoying my Desire immensely. However, one thing annoys me; The date picking facility that seems to be built into the OS is pretty poor. The three scrolling wheels for year, month and date make it slow to use, and also difficult to work out what date to select if you want something that is, say, 1 week away from today (especially if that leads into another month).

It would be better to have a "calendar month" style picker, where you can see an entire month in one go, and switch forwards/backwards a month. Does anyone know if it's possible to change this? Perhaps an app can be installed to replace the standard picker?

Thanks for any info!

Advertisement
  2. bugdc

bugdc Member

I second this. Also, the time picker is irritating in that it goes on every minute - 5 minute intervals would be fine for 99.9% of the time! Any way either of these 'dial' input methods can be changed?

3. DavidG

DavidG Member

+1. I love my new Droid 2 Global, but my WinMo phone from 5 years ago had a better calendar entry interface.

Has anyone found a simple solution to this problem?

4. adamkse

adamkse Active Member

the htc calender widget has the whole month view, thats what i use over the android one.