• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can I get a Rom recommendation??

scotttkd

Lurker
Jul 7, 2010
Just got my tmob G2 this morning....have spent a couple days reading through these forums and xda-developers getting more familiar.....would like a recommendation or two on a rom to try out.....

I am familiar with rooting and flashing an lg ally, looks like similar procedures and great instructions are available, just looking for a good place to start on the roms

I would like to optimize the radio for signal strength/quality (if thats an option) and also battery life...I dont game on this device so don't need anything exotic.

Thanks for any recommendations for the G2 noob!

scott

Ditto. Excellent ROM. There aren't any ROMs out of the box which will do much for your battery life though. You are still going to have to change your processor settings to underclock at certain times, for example. There are also several apps out there to help you. Don't expect to get another day's worth of battery life though. Most battery management tweaks get you another couple hours out of your battery at most, but if you are using your phone all day, then it is still recommended to have it plugged in when you aren't on it. Smart phones aren't kind on batteries.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones