Can I get my contacts back?

Last Updated:

1. GoinOnTilt

GoinOnTilt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I "successfully" modded the latest Smoked Glass ROM to my wife's phone. Everything went perfect, exept now all her contacts are missing.

Before flashing, I backed up her contacts to google. I also did the nandroid backup.

Nothing is here. How do I get them back??

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Have you ensured that sync is turned on and that you have enabled syncing contacts?

Kratos

3. GoinOnTilt

I did...but what I can't be sure of is that I properly synced them before flashing the new ROM.

I did a nandroid backup, so restoring that should put me back to where I was before, correct?

Then what should I do to get the contacts to sync/store on google so i can get back to the new ROM?

4. kratos

I would first check Google to see if your contacts are there before resorting to a nandroid backup.

Go to http://gmail.com on any computer and sign in. Then click on "contacts" and verify that your contacts are listed. If they are not, then you very well may need to perform a nandroid to revert to a previous state.

Do you have Titanium Backup?

Kratos

GoinOnTilt likes this.
  5. GoinOnTilt

Contacts NOT in google acct. This wouldn't be a problem if Google wasn't so damn picky about helping restore a password. My wife cannot remember her password on her original gmail account. We contacted Google and went through all the questions to get the password...nothing. They say we haven't provided enough info. I tried, and they won't even send an email back to me (a month ago). So i created a new gmail account for her.

Anyhow, yes, I've Titanium Backup...what exact files do I need to backup to get the contacts to restore on the new ROM?

6. GoinOnTilt

Restored and backed up contacts to sd. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Put new Rom back and imported contacts. Voila! Thanks again guys!

7. kratos

Ok. That sucks.

For Titanium Backup, when you do a batch backup, choose the option to backup all apps and use data, just leave everything selected. You can then pick and choose what apps and data to restore.

Took too long to post. Glad you got it back to normal!

Kratos