can I get my contacts off my phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. rockchick02

rockchick02 New Member

Hi. My HTC Desire z is busted. The screen has gone white and I can't get seem to fix it. It does connect to my computer and I am backing the phone up. I can't seem to find where the contacts are saved. Could anyone let me know?

Many thanks.

2. Shengxin

Shengxin Well-Known Member

If your contacts are synchronized with your Google account, you can easily retrieve them from your Google account

If this is not the case, then there are more works to do. The contacts are stored in Android's own SQLite3 database. You can use Android's database tool to retrieve the information. The contacts.db file is stored in the protected system memory, the file path is:

The development tool Android Debug Bridge (ADB) can be used to extract the file from a phone but it must be rooted first AND the ADB drivers must be installed as well.

Hope this helps.
  3. western shark

western shark New Member

I have an HTC Desire Z. The digitizer is not responding and there is a screenlock keeping me from accessing any functions on the phone except for the boot menu. I have taken the phone apart to look for any obvious damage or missing connections. I assume USB debugging is currently off and I have no reason to believe the phone is rooted.

All I need is a way to retrieve the contacts.

My question is whether or not an image located on a micro-sd card could turn on USB debugging.