Can I get sprint if im only 17?

Last Updated:

1. iWallace

iWallace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey im 17 years old and ive chated with a sprint representative online and they said that i can get a sprint account but i have to go to a sprint store is this true? If so I would rather order from amazon since the phones are cheaper i really want an htc evo.

Advertisement
  2. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge I believe the minimum age to obtain any wireless account is 18 - unless they have some sort of way to have a co-signer (i.e. your parent).

The reason why you have to be 18 is that most carriers require a credit check. If you have no credit you will likely pay a deposit to get your service started (minus T-mobile, they have different alternatives to fees associated with credit).

3. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned

You may be able to if you pay full retail price for the phone. You won't get the discounted price because minors cannot legally enter into contracts. The credit check requirement may also pose a problem.

You can try and get a Sprint phone and have it flashed for a prepaid carrier such as MetroPCS, or anyone that doesn't require a contract or credit check, but you wouldn't be able to access Sprint's network, and they have a 4G network now.

4. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle Well-Known Member

Or you can just wait. It wont kill you to wait til you become 18. Its hard for teenagers to get an account because of the probability of the contract being broken because of early termination and such. If you have an older sibling, favorite uncle, or grandma, better holla at em. cut some grass or something.

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

They might want you to go to the store so they can sell you the prepaid ones they have. I think they're pushing the boost mobile stuff in-store!

6. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member

gotta be 18 to sign a contract and pre-paids are gonna be just as strick if that new law hasnt already been passed ( that law that says basically you have to be identified if you purchase a pre-paid phone)

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

No you can get prepaid under 18.

8. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

Nope. Minors can not enter into contracts. Get a pre-paid, get on someones plan or wait...those are your options.