Can I get the actual time for texts?Support

Last Updated:

1. chiko930

chiko930 Member This Topic's Starter

When my phone's been switched off and I turn it on again, I get texts but the time always shows as when I receive them, not when they were sent. As I have 2 simcards (I'm abroad), I need to know what time the texts actually come through, not when I get them when I switch my phone on. This happened with my old phone but not my new xperia. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hi ya

I use 'HandCent' free app from the market. That gives a time altho not for each text if you are pinging back and forth to each other, it just gives the time that that bit of the 'conversation' started.

Its a cool app... give it a bash. Just remember to turn off the notification from the standard messaging in the settings option otherwise you get two notifications everytime a text arrives.

Hope this helps.

3. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

After a new day has started the old texts become only the date not the time if you get what i mean, but if you hold onto a text message on the default program and press view message details it will show you the time.

4. JPBrowne

JPBrowne Active Member

Long pressing on an individual message and selecting message details will show you the correct received time. It doesn't show the sent time unfortunately.