Can I go 2.1 OTA to v3 leak?General

Last Updated:

1. Irie Atlantis

Irie Atlantis Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am running v3 and my wife has the OTA. The OTA is very buggy when compared to my v3. Can I flash her phone to v3?

The main bug/problem with her OTA is that the phone constantly puts itself into silent mode. I did not believe it (I thought she was hitting the rocker) until i witnessed it happening. BTW a reset does not fix the issue.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Yes you can put V3 on an OTA'd phone. Just keep in mind that there is no going back once you do so.
    Was the reset you mentioned a factory reset, as opposed to just turning the phone off and on? If not, I'd recommend doing that first.

3. vertig0730

vertig0730 Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to do a reset, I would not load the v3 on the phone. You can also root it, which would give you some very nice flexibility.

4. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

I would root before doing leaking. My phone is rooted now and there are some many cooler things you can do with root. My favorite being overclocking the phone, but also if you dont like root you can always go back you cant go back with leak.

5. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

If the phone is experiencing the "silent bug" (losing all sound spontaneously, and only a reboot brings sound back), and you've already tried a factory reset, then you need to ask Verizon for a replacement. You've got a bad phone.