• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I make an old Sprint Marquee into a Boost?

twinmommi

Lurker
May 28, 2012
Please help, I need to know if I can make my old Sprint LG Marquee into a Boost Mobile LG Marquee, I would prefer to not have to call them, if thats possible... I will, of course, if thats the only way, I was just looking to see if there might be an alternative.:thinking:
Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Okay so pretty much, I need to root it, which Im not sure if there is one for my ZVC version yet or not..., but however then i need to call boost and try to get them to activate it for me. Can I do it without rooting, I wonder :hmmmm2:... Well thank you all for your replies, much appreciated.:)

Upvote 0
Hmmm, is there anyway you can do this WITHOUT an old Boost phone laying around? I have a MINT LS855 with a bad ESN and was gonna give it to my girl, but she lives in the country and there ain't shit for service out here EXCEPT Boost (I can't even get a signal using sprint, so to add her to my contract would be pointless). Any pointers or help anyone and if I do need an old Boost phone, anyone got one lying around you can help a broke white boy out with? :)

Upvote 0
Hmmm, is there anyway you can do this WITHOUT an old Boost phone laying around? I have a MINT LS855 with a bad ESN and was gonna give it to my girl, but she lives in the country and there ain't shit for service out here EXCEPT Boost (I can't even get a signal using sprint, so to add her to my contract would be pointless). Any pointers or help anyone and if I do need an old Boost phone, anyone got one lying around you can help a broke white boy out with? :)

This is illegal. If a phone has a bad ESN, it has one for a good reason. Either the phone has an unpaid balance, has been stolen, or it was cloned and activated while the other one was still activated. Any further discussion on the topic will be removed.

Also, it is simply odd that she doesn't get service with a Sprint phone, but you get service with a Boost phone, seeing how Boost phones use Sprint towers. I would recommend a PRL/Profile update to get the latest PRLs and tower information.

Upvote 0
:thinking: Hi, my name is Ian
Just over 20 days ago I purchase an LG LS-855 through an eBay auction. It was very inexpensive and in really good shape, so I got it. Before I made the first bid, I called Boost customer support to be sure that I would be able to use a Sprint LS-855. I was told that I could, but I would have to go into a local store for the MEID to be transferred and other software shifts to make it usable. Under this belief I got the phone. I have a Boost account and for an extra $5 a month I could get the data plan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones