Can I make an old Sprint Marquee into a Boost?Support

Last Updated: 2014-03-20 23:35:21
  1. twinmommi

twinmommi New Member

Please help, I need to know if I can make my old Sprint LG Marquee into a Boost Mobile LG Marquee, I would prefer to not have to call them, if thats possible... I will, of course, if thats the only way, I was just looking to see if there might be an alternative.:confused:
    Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. milkman6453

milkman6453 Member

i would root it, flash a boost rom then go into your boost profile on the web site and update the esn for the sprint phone. they should do it for you though
  3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

I think there's a little more to it than that, Milkman.
  4. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

biker is correct boost does not add esn as they use to. im not saying dont try. but dont be let down. goodluck
  5. twinmommi

twinmommi New Member

Okay so pretty much, I need to root it, which Im not sure if there is one for my ZVC version yet or not..., but however then i need to call boost and try to get them to activate it for me. Can I do it without rooting, I wonder :hmmmm2:... Well thank you all for your replies, much appreciated.:)
  6. tokes

tokes Member

Hmmm, is there anyway you can do this WITHOUT an old Boost phone laying around? I have a MINT LS855 with a bad ESN and was gonna give it to my girl, but she lives in the country and there ain't shit for service out here EXCEPT Boost (I can't even get a signal using sprint, so to add her to my contract would be pointless). Any pointers or help anyone and if I do need an old Boost phone, anyone got one lying around you can help a broke white boy out with? :)
  7. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

Any time that you make a mistake like that all you need to do is hit the report tab and ask the MODS to remove it and let them know why.
    Rxpert83 and jerofld like this.
  8. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

This is illegal. If a phone has a bad ESN, it has one for a good reason. Either the phone has an unpaid balance, has been stolen, or it was cloned and activated while the other one was still activated. Any further discussion on the topic will be removed.

Also, it is simply odd that she doesn't get service with a Sprint phone, but you get service with a Boost phone, seeing how Boost phones use Sprint towers. I would recommend a PRL/Profile update to get the latest PRLs and tower information.
    sunmorgus and lunatic59 like this.
  9. DeMajrea

DeMajrea Member

:confused: Hi, my name is Ian
    Just over 20 days ago I purchase an LG LS-855 through an eBay auction. It was very inexpensive and in really good shape, so I got it. Before I made the first bid, I called Boost customer support to be sure that I would be able to use a Sprint LS-855. I was told that I could, but I would have to go into a local store for the MEID to be transferred and other software shifts to make it usable. Under this belief I got the phone. I have a Boost account and for an extra $5 a month I could get the data plan