• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I make my own "home" app page?

Here's how u do it.
- First add it as a bookmark
- Second go to bookmarks by hitting the start where the url goes.
- Next press and hold the bookmark. It should give u the option to add bookmark to home

That's it

But - are you referring to a web page or one of the pages which are on the left and right of the default home page? Its one of those default pages I'm referring to that come blank when the phone is purchased... How do you make one of those a bookmark?
Thanks

Upvote 0
First let's get some terminology straight so that we eliminate confusion.

Home page: starting URL a web browser opens up to
Bookmark: a saved URL in your web browser
Screens: a page which contains a collection of application icons in the Android's launcher.
Home screen: the first screen you are looking at when you go to the launcher
Touchwiz: The stock launcher on the Captivate. A Samsung feature.

Now, using only the correct terms... what is it you want?

Upvote 0
Whichever screen is the middle screen is your home screen. You can customize that anytime you want. To get rid of apps on that screen press them and drag them to the trash. These are shortcuts so the apps will still be in you applications drawers.To add new app shortcuts to this screen, go to the screen you want to customize, then open the apps drawer amd hard press any app you want on the screen. if you want to get rid of any screen completely go to settings / edit and then delete or move any screen around.

Upvote 0
I appreciate your patience!! I want to place "my favorite shortcuts (apps) on a screen and then make that screen the home screen

Here's how u do it buddy. What I explained above was how to get a shortcut on your home screen. This if how u get a new page to that website. U want it to be your homepage right. Here's how u do it:
- open up a webpage
- hit the menu button
- hit more
- hit settings
- scroll all the way down to set home page. Now enter the webpage. There u go.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure you're not asking for anything to do with a web browser.

You can edit screens in Touchwiz just by holding down the icon you want to remove and then dragging down to the trash can. Add more by going into the apps list, holding down an icon, then dragging it to whatever screen you want. You can also make folders.

Unfortunately Touchwiz has weird logic about which is your "home" screen from your various screens. You can either deal with it by trial and error, or switch to LauncherPro which lets you explicitly set which screen is your home screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones