Can I make the Commando completely silent(no ring, no vibrate)Support

1. Brewer22

Brewer22 New Member

1st post here, but have been reading for a while. My question is, is there a way that I can make this phone go completely silent? I've fiddled around with it, but I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. rjglenn

rjglenn Well-Known Member

Try this:

Settings>sound>vibrate: never
    Settings>sound>Phone ringtone: silent
    Settings>sound>Notification ringtone: silent

In the messaging app:

Menu>settings>Select ringtone: silent
    Menu>settings>Vibrate: never

In the gmail app:

Not sure, don't use it but you should follow a similar method as above.

As long as you set the vibrate to never and the ringtone/notification tone to silent for each app your phone shouldn't make a peep.
    Brewer22 likes this.
  3. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

i wish there was a setting on the volume key. below the lowest volume is vibrate, below that is silent. all non-smartphone g'zones were like that.
  4. mcqste33

mcqste33 New Member

phone going to silent mode by its self setting is not selected does it on its own what to do to fix it
  5. rjglenn

rjglenn Well-Known Member

There are some Widgets on the market that will do this as well. Powerful control has buttons to toggle sounds and vibration. There are others as well.
    jova33 likes this.
  6. brilars10

brilars10 Active Member

I don't go through and set each individual thing to silent. I just go to Settings--Sound--Vibrate. Select Never. Then when you use your volume control and turn all the way down it will go to completely silent. You will see a speaker with an X through it in the notification bar (v.s. a little phone with (( )) around it). The phone will still make a quick vibrate when powering down and up.