Can I move files from sdcard to computer using adb?

Last Updated:

1. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone is stuck in a bootloop, I tried flashing new roms, wiping everything, even doing a nand restore, still stuck. I want to wipe my sdcard too but I don't want to lose anything, is there any commands that allow me to push everything from my sdcard to my computer?

Advertisement
  2. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Boot into recovery and click usb toggle, I believe that mounts your sdcard to your computer.

And It's always good to have a card reader with adapter handy, if you don't have them I suggest getting them some time in the future when you can.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

In Amon_RA's custom recovery, you can select the USB toggle to allow your computer to see / mount your /sdcard as a disk drive. I think its on the main screen of recovery. You should be able to pull your files this way (much easier than using "adb pull" from your PC).

4. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

some basic mount commands and move commands:

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

cd /system/app (command to move you into whatever directory you want /SDCARD )

ls (shows list of files in current director)

adb pull yourapp.apk C:\ (pulls from current CD/blah/blah working directory to c:\, or move it to /system/app)

adb shell

rm /data/app/yourapp.apk (removes file)

exit (leave shell)

adb push yourapp.apk /system/app (pushes file back from working directory to system app directory)

adb reboot (reboots phone)
    -----

really depends what your trying to do, but above is basically the ideas to moving things around from command window

xAusTiN likes this.