Can I move my 2.1 OTA file to my wife's Eris?General

Last Updated:

1. JCUMV

JCUMV Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife and I both have the Eris and have stayed on 1.5. I got the 2.1 OTA yesterday morning. I've loaded it and am enjoying it quite a bit. I keep checking her phone as we are on the same contract (she's a second line on my contract), but the 2.1 OTA hasn't come into her phone yet.

I was wondering if there's a 2.1 file that I would have downloaded OTA, that I can move over to her phone and manually install.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

There's a stickied thread at the top of the thread where you can download and manually install 2.1 OTA.

3. JCUMV

No offense to the OP up on the sticky, but I'm not a fan of downloading 2.1 from a complete stranger who posted this on the Forum.

So I guess my question still stands :) Is there a way for me to transfer the file from my phone to her's?

Thanks.

4. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

Yes put your sd card in her phone and install same as your phone.

5. JCUMV

Sounds like it should be harder than that. Let's say I did put my card in her phone.... then what? I'm not too techy, so how would I manually start the install from the card? What file am I looking for?

Thanks

6. char561

char561 Well-Known Member

You don't have to download it from a stranger, you can download it using the link which downloads directly from google.

7. char561

8. JCUMV

Okay, I'll give it a shot. Guessing I following the install instructions from the Sticky above?

9. char561

Yes, just download from the link I gave you and follow the directions. The download should be about 77MB. Mount phone to computer and put on root of SD card (still .ziped) and follow the directions above

10. JCUMV

Okay. I'm going for it. Will ping back later tonight and let you know how it goes. I'm headed to dinner, and then to see Iron Man 2. I heard it sucks, but I gotta see it ;)

11. char561

Really, I thought Iron Man 2 was awesome but thats just me. If you have any issues or need any help feel free to PM me.

12. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member

I updated my wife's Eris with this and had no trouble with it. To me, it's less about "instant gratification" as it is "getting our money's worth".

:D

Thanks for the post!

13. JCUMV

Okay, so I did the download and install late last night after getting back from Iron Man 2 (great movie by the way ;) ). It all installed and loaded up with issue. Perfect. We're both on 2.1 now. Thanks for the help.