Can I move my paids apps from my Droid to my new X?Support

Last Updated:

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just curious, I ordered a new Droid X and it will be here in couple of days and I wanted to know if I can either uninstall my paid apps from my original Droid and then install them onto my Droid X or is there a way to move them over to my new X.

I only have a few paid apps. Documents to Go Pro, Weather Bug Elite, Remote VNC Pro, but didn't want to have to pay for them again, if they can be moved over.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

When you sign in with your google account with your new phone go to the Market, press menu then download, and your apps with be listed there for you to download again at no additional charge.

3. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Yes they are tied to your Google account not your phone.

4. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Great information to know!

Thanks everyone! :D

5. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I'd be weary about some paid apps though. After I started to reinstall apps on my replacement drive, I noticed that Live Wallpapers I purchased, such as the Mario one, would not transfer, and showed that I would in fact need to pay again to have them.

6. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

After Froyo install and system reset, my paid apps did not show up in my download list. I reinstalled them and Google duplicated the charges. I can find no way to undo the charges through google so I turned it over to my CC company but feel I am in for more trouble.

7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

did you use a different gmail account? I still get apps I paid for with my eris back in december in the market downloads.