Can I order my phone from Amazon and still get a new number from Sprint store??

Last Updated:

1. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I need to get a new line with Sprint and a new phone number as well. I usually try to keep numbers with repetitions of number sequences, which are easy to remember for people. Without going into discussion about use of visiting cards or anything else, I would come to my concern. With AT&T, when getting a new line with number meant going to their store and a rep would start searching list of available numbers, and if I like one, I pick it. I am sure it must be same with Sprint stores too. Question is, what happens if I order from lets say Amazon or Wirefly?? I think they would assign me a randomly chosen number as soon as my order gets approved from Sprint. I don't want to pay extra to have my number changed again if the number is something I dont like. My question is, do you think I can walk into a Sprint store as soon as I receive my order from Amazon and request them to let me choose a number from pool of available numbers instead and still not get charged for it.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Never bought from Amazon before but would be curious how this works out.

3. Jude72

Jude72 Well-Known Member

I'd suggest stopping by your local Sprint store to make sure you get accurate information.

Sprint will likely have whatever phone you want at a much higher price than Amazon. For example, the Epic is $249 at Sprint and $149 on Amazon. If that was the phone you were interested in...surely the $100 saving would easily cover the cost of switching your number (if they did charge) and then some. The likes of the Evo is $199 at Sprint and $179 on Amazon so not much of a difference there.

4. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Different carriers have different practices when it comes to assigning numbers. From what I'm told with buying online, you get a number and that's it. They might let you do the same picking process while on the phone, but they will not make changes one you select.

I bought two Evos online with Sprint, and they didn't let us pick the numbers. It didn't matter though because we simply ported over our existing numbers. I'm pretty sure Sprint will let you pick from a few numbers if it means getting a new customer though.