• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I organize pics into folders? How?

Did you find something that worked for you? I have a galaxy and I'm trying to do the same thing! It just makes No sense that these phones are capable of doing so much yet you cant pick your own file names to sort pics into. They expect folks to scroll through hundreds to find a certain one? Huge oversight if ya ask me.
Btw, Im new to this, so I hope I didn't post wrong. I sure could use resolve mine too, though!
CyberYadda

But I think it'll probably be easier connecting the Note to the PC and setting up/organizing your collection via mass storage.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Conerning this topic I also recommand the "PhotosIndex" Android appwhich enables to associate tags to your photos and to search them easily. No need to create folders to organize your photos, just tag them!
PhotosIndex uses the EXIF IPTC standard then no risk to damage your photos, no need of database. The keywords are stored in the JPG (JPEG) file.
PhotosIndex uses the XPKeywords TAG, created by Microsoft, so if you copy your photos on Windows PC you keep benefit of your associations.
More information here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.photosindex.android.free

Attachments

• GoogleStoreFeature.jpg
    GoogleStoreFeature.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0
I have a zillion pics in my camera gallery. Many of which are private..:D. Is there a way to create folders or sections so that I can move or assign a pic to one or another folder? Maybe an app?
I've tried a few and maybe my expectations are too high.
Blackberry OS did everything natively. Out of the box. Press+hold, select Move, select the folder or make a new one. Then Hide if you want. I know, not helpful in an Android forum but I'm continuously disappointed Android won the day over a far far FAR superior OS like BB10.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones