Can I overclock without installing another ROM?

Last Updated:

1. spangler07

spangler07 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

the only thing i really want to do is overclock. i have the helix launcher and that's fine for me. none of the other features of 2.1 are that enticing. so i just want to speed it up a bit.

can i do this?

Advertisement
  2. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

yes. just go over to alldroid and get an overclock ROM. make sure to get setcpu and temp monitor as well. those can be found in the market.

3. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

Sure... but it really depends on what ROM your running if you want to take FULL advantage of the phone.

for ERE25 RoMs check out: ChevyNo1 - Get Yer Kernels Here (ERE25 Only)

Follow the instructions to load the kernel. Update.zip on the root of your sdcard... install using SPRecovery.

Also there is AdmaZ kernels: [Release] Smoked Glass Boots *Updated 03/08* (ALL Builds/Voltages - 42 Kernels) These are good to go for both ERE and ESE53 RoMs. These kernels are extremely popular and very stable and provide low heat, great battery life and reliability. I've used them with JIT enabled since they were releases and have nothing but pure goodness from them.

If you tell us what RoM your running we can tell you exactly what you need.

;)

4. keepervq

keepervq Active Member

From what I can tell he is running the stock rom so he doesn't need an ere or ese overclock boot. At least that's the way it read to me. How fast do you want to go OP?

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

all you need to do is root, flash sprecovery and then install a new kernel. Then get setcpu and you will be good to overclock.

6. spangler07

spangler07 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

7. Paralda

Paralda Active Member

8. keepervq

keepervq Active Member

The best 3 dollars I've spent in market were on Titanium Backup Pro, will backup all your settings and apps and automatically reinstall them for you, excellent piece of software..

edit: Just read that other thread..might make sure you have the correct busybox that works with TiBu. The problems button at the bottom of TiBu should install the correct one for you.