• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I paste from Galaxy S3

I've read how it's possible to cut from the Internet into the S3 but is it possible to cut from text on my PC and paste it into a website; Facebook or wherever?

Cut and paste have been available on PC's since pretty much the first web browser was available on a PC. Not sure what exactly you are asking. Perhaps you can rephrase your question because it sounds like you are asking if you can cut and paste on a PC which is a rather unusual question.

Upvote 0
On a web browser, if you want to share it as a link to Facebook or any app you have, you don't have to cut and paste. While in the web browser looking at the page you want to share, just tap on menu button>select "share">select Facebook. Same goes for pictures or whatever in other apps like your Gallery or on Facebook. Look for the "Share" button then select Facebook or whatever app you want to share it to.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies.

It looks like I should have been more explicit.

I always walk the line on forums between brevity and being overly long winded

If I go to Facebook (for example), rather than typing in a message, I'd like to be able to paste one in that I typed and copied from my PC

Forgive me for the curiosity, but if you're already on a PC, why bother pasting via the phone? Just paste it via Facebook on your PC.

Anyway, Airdroid allows access to your device clipboard from your PC. Maybe if you paste something onto it from your PC it could probably work.

Upvote 0
Forgive me for the curiosity, but if you're already on a PC, why bother pasting via the phone? Just paste it via Facebook on your PC.

I meant, if I wasn't at my pc.

Anyway, Airdroid allows access to your device clipboard from your PC. Maybe if you paste something onto it from your PC it could probably work.

Will check out the clipboard idea.

I found this, "Go to compose a text message and hold down for couple of sec. Clipboard will appear, click on it to see what`s in there and also you can delete them by holding down the pic. Or words until delete option comes up".

Go to compose a text message and hold down for couple of sec. Clipboard will appear, click on it to see what`s in there and also you can delete them by holding down the pic. Or words until delete option comes up".

Thanks,

Michael

Upvote 0
On a web browser, if you want to share it as a link to Facebook or any app you have, you don't have to cut and paste. While in the web browser looking at the page you want to share, just tap on menu button>select "share">select Facebook. Same goes for pictures or whatever in other apps like your Gallery or on Facebook. Look for the "Share" button then select Facebook or whatever app you want to share it to.

Thanks

Michael

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones