can I please get help with Google Talk

Last Updated:

1. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer Member This Topic's Starter

I cannot stay logged in to receive messages. I played with all the settings on the stock app. As soon as the display goes to sleep I get no notifications. And even when the display was awake the notifications weren't consistent.

I gave up and downloaded Meebo. It's a little more consistent when the display is awake. But as soon as the display goes to sleep I get nothing. And when I wake the phone up I often still do not get a notification until I click on the app, log out, and then log back in.

is this normal or am I missing something? On my BB Tour I received GTalk notifications no matter what. And on my friend's Moment he at least receives GTalk vibration notifications when his phone is asleep.

any remedies or workarounds?

Advertisement
  2. ThorsHammer

just tried ebuddy and it does notify me (so far) when I receive messages after the phone display goes to sleep.

on the flip side it eats up the battery like candy. Oh well.

3. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Are you using any kind of task killer?

4. ThorsHammer

no, I read all the basics on the board before putting anything on the phone and it seems like Task Killers were not popular. Although the Astro Manager has one.

5. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member

Are you logged in and active on the computer as well? I've noticed I don't get alerts to my phone unless my account on the computer is logged off or shows as idle.

6. ThorsHammer

I logged out of everything also thinking that was part of the problem. Still got no messages when phone went to sleep.

ebuddy holding up so far. Hopefully the upgrade coming will fix the problem. I'm surprised nobody else has the issue. :confused: