Can I recover from this?

Last Updated:

1. sodaboy581

sodaboy581 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I was trying to get my phone prepared to update to 2.2 and I wanted to reinstall the bloatware.

I did something stupid... I went into adb shell, went to the system/app folder and did "mv *.bak *.apk" which basically destroyed everything in that folder.

At that moment, I tried to RSDLite flash my phone the SBF but it wouldn't take...

Phone froze up, couldn't do anything and, of course, I get the Droid animation when booting infinitely due to nothing being in /system/app

I can reboot into recovery and connect the phone to my PC, but nothing really seems to happen.

I imagine I could recover the phone if someone made an update.zip which restored the default apps into the /system/app folder, but I don't have an update.zip of that nature. Even the Verizon ones I have seem to look for old versions of the files...

Does anyone have or can tailor an update.zip which would restore the system/app folder for me? I think that, if you could do that, I could be saved...

Otherwise, I think I am screwed, unless someone has another option for me...

Thanks...

Advertisement
  2. sodaboy581

I am not trying to bump or anything, I found a document on how to create my own update.zip, so I did, but I got a signature verification failed. Any advice? I probably have the wrong keys or something, as I used the ones from AndroidMod.zip (G1) Well, thanks in advance again.

3. aldo

aldo Well-Known Member

Keep trying to figure out the SBF. It should return your phone to the way it was out of the box with all apps.

4. sodaboy581

Well, I don't think the SBF will work in Windows at all anymore. The phone doesn't show up in Windows during recovery or the boot loader. I'll give Linux a try.

5. sodaboy581

Found out how to get into the Boot Loader with Camera+Volume Down+Power.

Windows could now see the phone.

Patched version of RSDLite + SBF and GOOD TO GO!