Can I reduce the number of slides on the homescreen?General

Last Updated:

1. lobug

lobug Banned This Topic's Starter

As it stands, there are 7 different sections of the homescreen on my Eris that you can scroll through. Is there a way to adjust this number or not?

Advertisement
  2. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

yes there is. all you have to do is turn sense off and u will have the standard 3 screens and drawer. im not 100% positive on how to do it but i think you go to your applications list and find sense and force stop the program.

3. lobug

lobug Banned This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply, Shawheim. So as I understand you, I can't keep the default style screens on the Eris without changing the overall sense style and you can't just adjust the number of of screens. Is that correct?

4. Syv3n

Syv3n Well-Known Member

You are correct, but what you do to go to the android standard 3 screens is the following.

Go to Applications, Manage Applications, Go down to HTC sense and go to CLEAR DEFAULTS, then hit the home bottom. Once you hit the home button it will ask you if you want to use "Home" or "HTC SENSE" for a home. Pick "Home" and check the "Use as default" box. If you want to go back to Sense then just go back to Applications, Manage Applications, Go down to Home and clear defaults. Also you can pretty much still have a lot of the same stuff on the screen that makes it like sense and people say it runs faster with just the stock home screen.

5. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

There are some widgets that Sense has that you cannot download and run on Vanilla Android Home. Plus, most of the HTC-style widgets cost $.

Why would you want to reduce the number of screens? If you don't need 'em, don't use 'em.

6. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

Theoretically, they're using RAM that could be used by the PS or apps. Personally, I could easily live with 5 vs 7 and could lower if necessary.

If I were to turn off Sense, will HTC's widgets still work ?

7. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

So far everyone is correct. And about the sense widgets working on the standard vanilla, just give it a try and see what happens.

8. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Just download home switcher works great its in the market

9. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

+1

10. jeffyo

jeffyo Well-Known Member

You cannot use HTC widgets using standard setting (3 screens)

11. HuskyKMA

HuskyKMA Well-Known Member

HTC should include the ability to adjust the number of screens in a future update. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard for them to do. I'm only using 5 screens now, and those aren't even full.

12. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

always a person that will complain about something.

if you don't need 7, don't use them, if you use 5 and 2 are blank, the amount of resources used by the blank 2 i would think is extremely negligible to the point where there is not loss of ram at all. even if you use 3 and have 4 blank i doubt they are using resources.

13. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

Ahh, okay, so if company "A" or developer "B" designs something a certain way, that's simply the perfect method ?

14. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

this is like complain cause your dodge challenger has 500HP and if it had 300HP it might get better gas mileage.

it makes no sense.

15. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Keep in mind that every time someone says 'There should be an option to...' that they have just asked the programmer to increase the size of the app. Because you can't give options without writing some code to present those options to the user on screen, and then do whatever it is they opted to do. More options = larger apps = less room for different apps.

16. jkarova

jkarova New Member

I'm running Android 4.2.2 on a Galaxy Tab - if I pinch the home screen it enters a mode in which I can add/remove home screens.