Can I remove annoying 15% battery warning?

Last Updated:

1. kingnothing83

kingnothing83 Member This Topic's Starter

When my Hero gets to 15% battery life, i get a warning and then red LED notification light flashes. Is there any way to turn this off, its very annoying!

Cheers

Simon

Advertisement
  2. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

Yes there is...plug in your charger :p

3. kingnothing83

Thanks!

Although oddly enough I was looking for another solution :)

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

There isn't one, I'm afraid. Some things are too important to be ignored. ;)

5. kingnothing83

that's very annoying, the warnings i dont mind, but a flashing red light is a bit much. very impressed with my new phone, but the battery life is awful, can only get from about 12 hours from it, so not enjoying the red light at 6pm every day...Hoping battery life will improve with some more charges (have already turned off all non essential things, but its pointless having a Hero if it doesnt check fb, twitter, news etc every few hours)

6. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

The main battery killer is the screen. You will find that the battery lasts longer in a month or so purely because you are playing with the phone less.

I am a reasonably heavy user and can get two days out of mine. I still charge it every night though.

7. m1.carson

m1.carson Well-Known Member

Not the answer you're looking for but stick a very small piece of tape over it.:D

Max.

8. kingnothing83

that's encouraging, hopefully i'll find that, actually as a test i intend to hardly use it at work and see what its like by 5pm. i have all the usual things, bluetooth, wifi, gps, even the stock clock and weather turned off, and all updates (fb, flickr, twitter, bbc news app, news rob, yahoo mail) updating between once an hour to once a day depending on the app, so hopefully that shouldnt be too heavy

9. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

I did get some considerable improvement while following this link Improve Battery Life for the Android Based HTC Hero Smart Phone | Gamaze.com

10. kingnothing83

thanks for the link - ive already put all those in, seems to have helped but battery is still awful, and "point 1 which has the biggest impact on battery life" just seems silly because if you turn that off it ceases to become a useful phone! Hopefully a bit less use and a few more charges will make the difference :)