Can I remove old Nandroid backups?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mslisaj, May 17, 2010.

1. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Mechanic
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    I have six Nandroid backups on my sd card and now my Hero is sorted out and working perfectly I only need two of those and I would like to delete the other four. Is there a problem with this? Of course I have my two backups backed up on my pc but I like to ask before I get on trouble.......

Advertisement
  2. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    SoCal
    Delete them, you'll be fine. I have had upwards of 10-12 and deleted them once I got the one I truly needed.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    VIP Member

Nov 28, 2009
    As long as you have at least ONE backup saved on your PC you can do whatever you want with the others.

As an example, I have my ORIGINAL backup saved on my laptop but haven't done one since. That being said, I know people who have saved EVERY one they have ever done.

I think of it as saving documents... sure, I can save the report from High School, but 10 years later I have absolutely no use for it and can delete it. Only YOU can decide when you need/don't need them.

4. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Mechanic
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Thanks so much for the info gentlemen. I just wasn't sure if they were linked together or something. I just got rid of the extras and have more space now.

Thanks again....

Lisa :)

Tags: