Can i return a rooted phone to ATT?

Last Updated:

1. Chris82

Chris82 Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Captivate 2 days and it shuts off at random times so i want to exchange it for a new one i have rooted the phone and deleted ATTs crap.

Would they say anything because there junk is gone? Has anyone here ever returned a rooted phone?

I have read that they can give refurbs i paid $499 for mine so i better get a new one my box is marked 8/24 so the one i have a new.

Advertisement
  2. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

3. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

Most att reps will have no idea what root is, or have any idea what it looks like, so you'll be fine.

If its returned within 30 days, you will get a new one.

4. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

I've been with AT&T for a decade. They've always been very helpful and easy to work with. Much better than my Verizon experience within that same time frame.

5. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

You should reflash to factory new - the Odin3 one click downloader will do it.

Then run your phone with no added software or mods and make sure it is not shutting down because of something you did.

6. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

when I exchanged mine, he asked if i "routed" mine. I looked at him, and asked what the hell is "routing" He then showed me the questions he is to ask on returns, and it said, ask customer if device has been rooted. I laughed. Most are clueless about the technology

I just backed up all my stuff, factory reset it, did the unroot thing and gave it back.