Can i root if i recived 2.2 froyo update allready

Last Updated:

1. savagenoma

savagenoma New Member This Topic's Starter

My mytouch 3g got the OTA 2.2 froyo update allready and now i want to root it to speed it up. is this posible?

Advertisement
  2. gwcaton

gwcaton Well-Known Member

I'm no rocket scientist but I would say yes you can. Hope someone that truly knows chimes in .

3. lilshade52

lilshade52 New Member

But as of right now there is no easy way around it I believe you can use "rageagainstthecage" steps to root it

AS ON EVERY POST I MAKE
    I DO NOT CLAIM OR ASSUME RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE GESTURES INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY DONT CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG AS I HAVE YET TO PROVE THE ALLEGED STATEMENTS

4. polaroid

polaroid New Member

I haven't got the OTA update yet... I have a rooted mt3g, do I need to unroot to get the update??

5. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

YES... I am in your boat however i am waiting either for a dev to modify the 2.2 rom to be better and or the mytouch 4g to show up. Ill have to talk the wife into the purchase.

6. Dvalin21

Dvalin21 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to use Universal Root to root the Froyo update Mytouch 3G (the original)

7. michaeldippel

michaeldippel New Member

didn't work. any other ideas? :)

8. cyberstoic

cyberstoic Member

Super One Click Root works on the 2.2.1 Froyo on the mytouch 3g. SetCPU will install and you can control the cpu from 122 to 528 mhz, as is. If you want to overclock it, you are going to need a bit more work.

Rom Manager works oddly under this root, and would not permanently flash clockworkmod recovery or Amon_Ra from within rom manager; it always reverted to stock recovery after reboot. I had to manually flash the recovery. Other than that it worked fine.

9. shag04

shag04 Active Member

there is usually a file called install_recovery.sh u need to remove in 0order to have recovery stick