Can I root my old Eris

Last Updated:

1. terfdaq

terfdaq New Member This Topic's Starter

There is a touch screen issue with my current Eris. I went to Verizon they are sending me a new one. I have 10 days to send back the old one. My question is, in those 10 days can I root my old one without penalty from Big Red? Will they receive the old, possibly rooted, phone and ding me somehow for sending them a rooted phone? I have always wanted to try, however I didn't want to loose my warranty for this very reason.

Thanks
    Daniel

Advertisement
  2. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

Why would you go through the trouble to set up all the stuff, root the phone, download and install a rom, set up that rom the way you like, and then risk voiding the warranty and having to pay for the phone you just received to have root for a little over a week.

Also, if you're asking a question like that, you might not be savvy enough to un-root the phone...just saying.

My opinion: Wait and hope for hboot 1.47 and root the new phone.

3. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

+1 /\
    |
    |

4. terfdaq

terfdaq New Member This Topic's Starter

Well, the idea was, if I successfully root the phone I send back, I might like it enough to root the new one. I have wanted to try for a while.

But when you put it like that it might not be a good idea. Heck I dont even know if I am savvy enough to root it. And the fact that I didn't even know you could un-root the phone prolly says I dont have the savvy necessary to take on the task.

Anyway, thanks for your advice. I will look out for this hboot 1.47 you speak of, and maybe can use that somehow in the future.